Frequently Asked Questions:
What is Thuuz?
Thuuz Excitement Ratings
- What are Thuuz Excitement ratings? How do I use them?
- Can you explain Thuuz Excitement ratings scale and graphics?
- How does Thuuz calculate game excitement?
- Can Thuuz show me excitement ratings and not scores?
- Does Thuuz personalize the excitement ratings for me specifically?
Thuuz feeds, community and friends?
- What is a Thuuzer?
- What is the feed? What types of items show up in my feed?
- How do I personalize my feed?
- What's the difference between my home feed and a feed on a game detail page?
- Can I share games with my friends?
- What is a "Thuuz It?"
- Are Thuuz Its (shares & comments) public or private?
- How do I follow friends and other Thuuzers?
Sports programming and content
- Does Thuuz host all of the sporting events listed in its apps?
- Can you tell me if a game is on TV? What countries do you support for TV info?
- What is the watch from time?
Thuuz Sports and Fantasy integration
- Can Thuuz integrate my Fantasy players?
- Can I edit my Fantasy roster through Thuuz?
- Does Fantasy integration cost anything?
- What Fantasy platforms does Thuuz support?
- What sports does Thuuz Fantasy support?
Thuuz alerts and push notifications
- What kinds of alerts can you send me?
- I'm getting too many alerts. How can I manage the volume of alerts I receive?
- How do I turn off alerts?
Specific to Thuuz Sports and Google TV
What is Thuuz?
Thuuz creates mobile and connected TV sports applications to help fans discover, track and consume the sporting events they care about. How does it work? Fans pick their favorites and Thuuz finds your games:
- We track scores and big play updates for fans' favorite teams
- We rate the excitement (0-100) of all games in fans' favorite sports
- We monitor which games include fans' fantasy players
- We let fans know when their friends are watching a great game
What are Thuuz Excitement ratings? How do I use them?
Using objective and automated algorithms, Thuuz rates the excitement level and entertainment value of every game on a scale of 0-100. We include:
- anticipated excitement ratings for upcoming games
- real-time ratings that vary during the course of the live game
- final ratings for completed games
Can you explain Thuuz Excitement ratings scale and graphics?
Our ratings have colors associated with them. Each color represents a different general level of excitement. See below.
|We adjust the excitement rating for every game featuring one of your favorite teams. We call it the fan finger. The adjustment is based on factors that might make the game more (or less) exciting for fans.|
|An empty circle means an upcoming game with a predicted excitement rating. Giants playing the Dodgers? Celtics facing elimination? LeBron returning to Cleveland? Thuuz captures these X factors before the game even starts.|
How does Thuuz calculate game excitement?
For live games Thuuz processes streams of play-by-play data - metrics that include point differentials, upsets, comebacks, and many other details - from every game in progress using a set of proprietary game excitement algorithms that ensure objectivity and consistency. The output of our algorithms is a continuous flow of ratings over the course of each game, on a 0-100 scale, that clearly show when (and if) a game becomes exciting. Individuals who download our apps can receive alerts and notifications that inform them of the most exciting games of each day and when each of these games becomes exciting. No other information about the games is communicated, so those viewing recorded games can experience all the suspense and excitement for themselves.
Can Thuuz show me excitement ratings without scores?
Yes. For example, if you like to record games and you want to know whether the game is worth watching without knowing the score, put Thuuz into pure excitement mode. Simply go to settings and set Scores/Teasers to the "off" position.
Does Thuuz personalize the excitement ratings for me specifically?
Thuuz personalizes excitement ratings for fans of a team. If you see a fan finger next to a game or match, this signifies that the game includes one of your favorites. We will personalize the excitement ratings and corresponding teasers for this game based on the performance of the team or player. In other words you will possibly see a different excitement rating and teaser than would somebody who is not a fan of a team in this game.
What is a Thuuzer?
What is the Feed? What types of items show up in my Thuuz home feed?
Your Feed is a real-time stream of all of the news and information you care about in Thuuz.
Your feed will include a number of different items, such as:
- Reminders for game starts
- Progress updates and scoring plays updates
- Excitement alerts for great games
- Availability of recaps, highlights and news related to your teams
- Comments ("Thuuz Its") shared by your Thuuz Friends
- Updates for your Fantasy players and match ups
How do I personalize my feed?
What's the difference between my home feed and feeds on a game detail page?
Can I share games and comments with my friends?
Yes, you can share your Thuuz! Want to let your friends know what game you're watching? Want to recommend a game to your friends? Want to do a little trash talking with a friend about yesterday's game? Thuuz allows you and your friends to share comments, as well as live, upcoming and completed games with each other. Just "Thuuz" a game from any game page or add your Thuuz to your home feed and all of your friends who follow you will see your share. You can even choose to send them a Thuuz alert when you share the game (especially useful for sharing of live games). Likewise, you can see what games are being shared by the friends you follow.
What is a "Thuuz It"?
Are Thuuz Its (shares & comments) public or private?
All Thuuzes (shares & comments) are public to the entire Thuuz Community. However you only see your friends' Thuuz Its in your home feed. And you will only be alerted to a Thuuz It if you are following the person that shares.
How do I follow friends and other Thuuzers?
From the Thuuz settings page, select "Friends & Experts." You can select from a list of Expert Thuuzers, see a list of your facebook friends, search for a specific friend on Thuuz, or invite friends via email or text message.
Does Thuuz host all of the sporting events listed in its apps?
Thuuz will inform you of the most exciting games and when to start watching these games and even tell you where to access these games, but we don't host any of the games ourselves. If we know where a game can be found, we'll let you know so you don't have to spend any time searching the web. Of course, if you have a DVR, we encourage you to record multiple games every day and keep an eye out for Thuuz alerts informing you of the most exciting action of the day. You can always visit Thuuz to find out which game was the most exciting and when to start watching the action.
Can you tell me if a game is on TV? What countries do you support?
If you live in the US, set your television service provider in preferences and we will tell you the times and channels for live games and replays. We are working hard to provide additional program guide coverage for countries outside of the U.S.
What is the watch from time?
If you recorded the game and like to watch more than just game highlights but want to skip slow starts, use our recommended watch from times to get into the action right when a game starts to heat up. You can also use our excitement graphs to figure out how the excitement level ebbs and flows during the course of a game.
Can Thuuz integrate my Fantasy players?
Yes, Thuuz with Fantasy can automatically import your Fantasy players and help you track their performance and when you can catch them live on TV. In addition to receiving Fantasy alerts, you can track your Fantasy players' status in your Feed or on the dedicated Fantasy tab in Thuuz. Here is a summary of what you can do with Thuuz with Fantasy:
- Track real-time stat performance of all your players by team within Thuuz
- Receive tune-in information when it's worth tuning into a great performance
- Receive "in scoring position" alerts and feed updates
- Receive "hot player" alerts and feed updates
- Receive "Fantasy match up" alerts and feed updates
- Automatically import any players from ESPN, CBS, Yahoo and more
Can I edit my Fantasy roster through Thuuz?
Does Fantasy integration cost anything?
What Fantasy platforms does Thuuz support?
What sports does Thuuz Fantasy support?
What kinds of alerts can you send me?
In our mobile apps, you can choose to receive alert notifications for the following:
- Team updates - reminders, score updates, scoring players and more
- Sports updates - exciting games in your favorite sports
- Friend alerts - when friends share their favorite games
- Fantasy alerts - competition updates, hot player alerts and more
I'm getting too many alerts. How can I manage the volume of alerts I receive?
The number of alerts you receive from day to day will depend on:
- how many alert types you have configured
- your excitement threshold
- the number of games being played that day
To fine tune your alerts, you can adjust your excitement threshold and specify which teams, sports, leagues, conferences and fantasy teams you'd like to receive alerts for in your user settings. You can make further alert adjustments by choosing not to receive notifications when your friends share games or when new friends choose to follow you. Go to your alert settings in the Thuuz app to make any desired changes.
How do I turn off alerts?
How do notifications work in Thuuz Sports for Google TV
Thuuz Sports leverages Google TV's notification infrastructure. If you are watching TV, notification will flash on the screen for approximately 3 seconds and then fade away. A history of all notifications can be seen in Google TV's notification center.